In 2018 Steinbeisser will bring renowned French chef Alexandre Gauthier from two Michelin-starred restaurant La Grenouillère to Amsterdam, return to the Merian gardens in Basel this time with chef Yoji Tokuyoshi, hold its very first Experimental Gastronomy in Bern, and host the special ‘Young Chefs under 30’.
Find here the complete Steinbeisser programme for 2018:
• June 5 + 6 • Lloyd Hotel in Amsterdam, Netherlands
• with Alexandre Gauthier (La Grenouillère**) • read more
• September 19 + 20 • Merian gardens in Basel, Switzerland
• with Yoji Tokuyoshi (Tokuyoshi*) • read more
• October 5 – 7 • Lloyd Hotel in Amsterdam, Netherlands
• Special ‘Young Chefs under 30’ with Dylan Watson-Brawn (Ernst), Merlin Labron-Johnson (Portland*) and Philip Rachinger (Mühltalhof) • read more
• October 20 + 21 • In a vault cellar at the UNESCO World Heritage Old City of Berne, Switzerland
• with Fabian Raffeiner (Meridiano*) and Simon Apothéloz (Eisblume*) • read more
You can take a visual journey through the past happenings on the Steinbeisser journal.
Can we be blunt? (please say yes!)
Well let’s say we can… OK, here it goes: quite honestly most of the dishware and cutlery used in restaurants are dull. So, there we said it. But what can we do about it? Well maybe more than you think. Since 2012 we organize with Steinbeisser the Experimental Gastronomy events for which we ask international artists to create unique plates, bowls, spoons, forks, glasses and much more. To give you an idea what we mean with unique please have a look at the images below.
With the success of our Steinbeisser events and seeing how excitingly the audience responds to these new kind of dishware and cutlery we believe now is the time to integrate these pieces into our eating culture. In our opinion, restaurants (or anyone else in the world of food and drinks for that matter) should give tableware and eating tools just as much thought as the actual food served to create an all encompassing experience.
If you are interested in how we could help you make this happen please contact us.
Also have a look at our consultancy page with more inspiring images.
More than 50 pieces have been added to Jouw…!
The new update includes Rebecca Deans‘ soil plates, Jochen Holz’s colourful wine glasses, Kathleen Reilly‘s ways of serving plates, Kun Zhang’s sharing wood plates, Maki Okamoto’s sculptural silver spoons, Mitch Iburg’s mountain plates, Nils Hint’s recycled cutlery tools, and Tomasz Niedziolka’s dancer cups.
We wish you a beautiful start of the springtime!